Today is my dear Mommy's birthday. I'm so thankful for her and her sweet spirit. I pray that I can give my girls all of the love that she has given me. Here are 10 things that I want to remember to make sure I do for my girls, because they stick out in my mind from my childhood:
10. Color baths. Just a few drops of green food coloring in a tub of water and I was floating in a beautiful sea. I loved it.
9. Always get talked into just one more story. No skimping on the funny voices either.
8. Tell them that they are smart everyday.
7. Tell them they're pretty everyday.
6. Act like the rocks, weeds and mud pies that the girls bring me as gifts are the most special presents in the world.
5. Pack extra treats in their lunches for them to share. (I seriously had the best lunches ever). Remember to include special notes.
4. Know that it's okay to not always be a friend when they are young, because I will be their friend when they are older.
3. Teach them to sew.
2. Say, 'we can make that.' And do.
1. Make M&M pancakes.
Bonus* Say 'I love you more than...grains of sand on the beach, stars in the sky, chocolate chip cookies, snow days, etc.' Come up with new ones every night.